This is a 47 slide presentation (in pdf format with accompanying notes) on process capability and process performance assessment. It adds the consideration of Ppk calculation for non-normal distributions, a topic that is rarely covered in traditional references.
1. What Is Process Capability?
- Ratio of the specification width (size of the target) to process variation.
- Six Sigma and Defects per Million Opportunities
2. Short Term (Cpk) vs. Long Term (Ppk) Capability
3. Computation of Capability Indices
4. Effect of Non-Normality
5. Capability Study Basics